Download this episode (right click and save)
In a hyper-masculine culture that links violence as a part of strength in manhood, how can fathers raise boys into men with a healthy perspective of what manhood really is, relationships, and communicating emotions?
Honorary Dugan, Emiliano Diaz De Leon joins me for a discussion on what is the role of a father in raising boys into non-violent men? Emiliano is the Men’s Engagement Specialist from Texas Association Against Sexual Assault.
- (3:00) Most memorable moment as a father so far
- (5:50) Comparing 2-parent experience versus single parent experience in our childhoods
- (7:15) Work as a Men’s Engagement Specialist with TAASA
- (12:40) What’s our role as fathers in raising healthy non-violent boys into healthy non-violent men?
- (31:50) Emiliano’s revelation after one year of going Vegan
Resources and Links
Emiliano’s Website – EmilianoCDiazDeLeon.com
Follow Emiliano on Twitter @ECDiazDeLeon
Domestic Violence is a Men’s Issue, article from Emiliano Diaz De Leon
Download free PDF – Strength Revisited based on my TEDxCorpusChristi talk on redefining strength in manhood.
Maddie English YouTube Channel – Funny, quirky, and all about encouraging high school students to be themselves.