In this husband-wife episode, Olivia and I talk about the following:
- Vibrant pink vomit
- Dedicating this episode to my late-friend Judah Hoehne
- Dunkin Donuts
- Reading the book Unbroken: A World War II Story About Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
- The von Trapp Singers album
- Our first sponsor
- Jerry question to Olivia: In what ways can I make you feel number one in my life? In other words, how can I make you feel more loved by me?
- Olivia question to Jerry: How do you feel after we have our talks after moments when we have hurt each other?
- Communication in marriage
We also have a quick cameo from not Miranda Sings, Emma’s favorite YouTube “star” right now.
Olivia and I have our moments when we mis-communicate all the time. Our feelings get hurt. It takes effort to have healthy communication in our marriage. Listen to this episode to see how we resolved last night’s moment of hurting each other’s feelings.
Communication in marriage is probably the most important skill you will need to have a happy, thriving, healthy marriage. The temptation is to put up walls to protect our hearts. Putting up walls only breaks down the needed communication in marriage. As long as you are willing to talk with each other, you can prevent the drift into isolation that ends many marriages in divorce.
Olivia and I learned communication skills we picked up from attending Weekend to Remember marriage conferences. You should definitely make plans to attend an event near you. Click the link above and register using the group name “Corpus Christi” and save $100 off the couple registration.
What are some tips that have helped you build communication in marriage for yourselves?